Now that fall is fully upon us, I wanted to do a fall/winter themed recipe post! In my personal opinion, making food for the fall season absolutely screams crock pot (or slow cooker, if you prefer). I bought a crock pot last year before I moved into my first apartment, and let me tell you I freaking adore the thing. I’ve always loved to cook, but during school I don’t always have the time I wish I did to prepare meals for myself. This is where the crock pot comes in. You can literally throw together your ingredients, turn it on, and have a fabulous meal all ready to go by the time you get home from work/school/the gym/whatever. Super easy, it’s basically magic.
So in the spirit of crock pot season I figured I’d share a few of my favorite crock pot recipes with you guys! I found most of these through Pinterest or other blogs, so I will link the recipes and sites where I found them. The majority of these recipes are meant for multiple people, so I’ll either modify them for 1-2 or freeze the leftovers!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup (from Table For Two)
- Turkey Chili (this one’s a video, from the “Candidmommy” Youtube page)
- Minestrone Soup (from Eezy Recipes). This one wasn’t designed for the crock pot but I just throw everything in, cook it on low for 8-10 hours, and add some cooked pasta into each individual bow when I’m ready to serve!
- Mexican Shredded Chicken (from Paleo Perfectly).
- French Dip Sandwiches (from Six Sisters Stuff). If you want to make it extra delicious, try topping the sandwiches with some of these caramelized onions!
Let me know if you give any of them a try, and what you think of them! Bon Appétit!